How to Play Foosball
If you’ve ever wanted to play foosball but don’t know the first thing about it, here is a detailed description on how to play the game. Foosball is an indoor soccer game that occurs on the top of a playing table. It’s a game that can be played by kids and adults, professionals and hobbyists.
Here are a few basics steps on how to play foosball:
1. Put the ball into play by placing it on the table. To determine who will start the game, use a coin toss. Once the ball is in play, the player who won the coin toss will make the first move. The other player would then do the counter attack to keep the other player from scoring a goal. To move the players, turn, push, and pull the rods. But the golden rule of foosball is no spinning the rods.
2. Set time limits. Usually, players are only allotted 10 seconds to hit the ball if it is positioned against the rod with five men. On the two or thee man rods, a maximum of 15 seconds is allowed. This rule could be disregarded by players who are just learning the game and for those who are trying to get a feel of the table.
3. To start a game or round, the ball should hit the playing field first before a man can strike it. Pay attention on the serve. Call it a foul every time the player hits the ball in midair.
4. If it happens that the ball is hit to a spot that it cannot be reached by any game figure, the game halts and the ball is served once more. The player who serves the ball in the previous play is the one that should serve the ball again. If the ball stops behind a rod with two men, the goalie should put the ball back in play.
5. All legal shots that lead to the ball getting into the goal score a point. The point is counted until a player reaches 5 points. The player who gets to that number first wins the game. If the ball went into the hole but came back to the playing field again due to impact, it is still considered a score.
These are the five basic steps on how to play foosball. Now that you know them, you should feel confident in buying a foosball table that looks perfect in your game room. There are also foosball tips that can help you play like a pro!